|Location||Oldham, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||April 28, 2022|
|Salary||£ – £85 per day|
Are you passionate about working with young people with Special Educational Needs & Disabilities and experienced supporting children with Autism and Asperger’s Syndrome?
As an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant do you want to use your understanding and compassion to support students with ASD in a special school?
Chalk are recruiting for this rewarding ASD Teaching Assistant position starting immediately which is the perfect opportunity to join a creative Special School in the Oldham area.
This ASD Teaching Assistant role is ideal for an experienced TA as an Autism specialist to work with young people across the Autistic Spectrum in the classroom. You will be working alongside a vibrant staff team supporting small groups of children across a range of lessons and activities. Knowledge of alternative communication methods and de-escalation training would be beneficial. Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
This rewarding Special School in Oldham is part of a large trust and caters for children aged 11 to 19 with Autistic Spectrum Disorder. They were graded ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in their most recent inspection and have excellent facilities across the school including a sensory room and music suite. Providing a bespoke education service to students in an inclusive way, they focus on encouraging independence and developing social skills.
To be considered for this ASD TA role you will need:
- Experience supporting young people with SEND, specifically ASD
- Strong behaviour management with de-escalation training
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to build and develop positive relationships with students and staff
- A flexible and patient approach when working with children
- References confirming suitability for role
- Commitment to Safeguarding
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers
At Chalk our direction, and long-term target, is to be the top specialist education agency out there, providing bespoke staffing solutions to schools and education provisions across the UK. We offer a personal service to all of our candidates, listening to your individual needs and taking into account your special requirements.
We recruit SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) staff for both mainstream schools, Special Needs Schools and alternative provisions, filling short-term, long-term and permanent vacancies. If you are looking for an honest, professional and committed attitude, then give Chalk a chance to earn your trust.
For more info please contact Sarah on 0161 393 8037.
The Legal Bit
Chalk is an education recruitment agency committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people. Chalk promotes equal opportunities and diversity for employees, workers, and applicants. We follow new GDPR laws to ensure the protection and privacy of your data.