|Location||Newark, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||September 14, 2022|
|Salary||£75 – £85 per day|
|Work Hours||08:30 - 15:30|
Are you a caring Teaching Assistant who specialises in working with children and young people on the Autistic Spectrum? Can you use your experience and knowledge of Autism to help children to develop a range of skills in the classroom?
Chalk is working with a small independent school to recruit a Teaching Assistant who can support the children in their care to progress and develop their skills in this unique setting.
This school caters for children/young people on the Autistic Spectrum and/or with Social, Emotional and Mental Health issues and is on a journey of rapid improvement and expansion.
This Teaching Assistant role will involve supporting SEND children in a classroom setting as well as at lunch and break times. You will be required to assist with personal care while maintaining the pupil’s dignity. You will work closely with the class teacher supporting the children across various activities, while providing a happy and safe learning environment. Experience and understanding of a range of SEND is necessary and knowledge of skills such as alternative communication techniques and manual handling would be beneficial. Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Experience supporting individuals with Autism
- To be comfortable and confident delivering personal care
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong, positive behaviour management skills
- A caring and ‘can do’ attitude with a flexible approach
- References confirming suitability for role
- Commitment to safeguarding
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers
For more information, please contact Vicky on 07961672574!