|Location||Retford, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||June 9, 2022|
|Salary||£75 – £85 per day|
|Work Hours||08:30 - 15:30|
Are you a caring Teaching Assistant who specialises in working with Primary aged children with Complex Needs? Can you use your experience and knowledge of SEND to help young children to develop a range of skills the classroom?
Chalk is looking for a supportive Primary TA who can enable the children in their care to be the best that they can be! This is an exciting time to join this inspirational school as it sets to expand in the 2022/23 academic year.
This welcoming Special School boasts outstanding facilities and caters for pupils aged 3 to 18 with a wide variety of SEND including complex medical needs, Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD), Autism and Speech Language & Communication Needs (SLCN). Experience and understanding of a range of SEND is necessary and knowledge of skills such as alternative communication techniques and manual handling would be beneficial. The school was recently judged to be ‘good’ by Ofsted.
This Teaching Assistant role will involve supporting SEND children in a Primary classroom setting as well as at lunch and break times.
You will be required to assist with personal care while maintaining the pupil’s dignity. You will work closely with the class teacher supporting the children across various activities, while providing a happy and safe learning environment.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Experience supporting children with SEND and complex needs
- To be comfortable and confident delivering personal care
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong behaviour management skills
- A caring and positive attitude with a flexible approach
- References confirming suitability for role
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers
For more information, please contact Vicky on 07961 672 574!