|Location||Derby, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||May 12, 2022|
|Salary||£75 – £85 per day|
Are you an experienced Secondary Learning Support Assistant? Are you passionate about supporting young people and looking for a new opportunity?
Chalk is recruiting on behalf of a large, diverse secondary academy in Derby. The academy is looking to recruit a Learning Support Assistant to work under the direct instruction of teaching/senior staff, usually in the classroom with the teacher, to support access to learning for pupils and provide general support to the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom.
This may involve working 1:1 or with small groups of SEND students to support them with their learning and accessing the curriculum.
Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
The ideal candidate will:
- be experienced in working with young people in a Secondary School environment.
- ideally have experience with SEND, such as SEMH, MLD and ASD
- have a range of strategies to engage and motivate students who face barriers to learning
- exhibit a positive approach to behaviour management
- be able to build good relationships with students, acting as a role model and being aware of individual needs
- References confirming suitability for role
- Commitment to safeguarding
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers
For more information please contact Vicky on 07961672574!