|Location||Reading, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||November 21, 2022|
|Salary||£85 – £90 per day|
Chalk Education is working on an exciting opportunity for a TA who is looking for the next career move within Special educational needs.
A school based in Reading, close to South Oxfordshire is looking to employ an SEN LSA with at least 1-2 years’ experience working with children who have complex needs such as PMLD, ASD, and SLD.
Our client is a local authority maintained community special school in South Oxfordshire that provides specialist education for children aged 2 – 16 years with severe (SLD) or profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) and complex needs, including those children with ASD. They are as school that prides itself in providing innovative learning techniques to meet the wide ranging needs of our pupils.
To be successful at this role you will:
- Be good at building relationships
- Be naturally empathetic and understanding but also be good at positive persuasion
- Experience with supporting special needs individuals within a school-based environment
- Experience with Autism, ADHD and social and emotional health
- Knowledge of how to create visual resources and adapt lesson material to suit the child’s ability.
- Engaging with young people to help improve their aspirations, behaviour and attitude towards their own academic development.
- Supporting pupils inside and outside of the unit
- Working with families to enhance their impact on pupil behaviour, pastoral wellbeing and progress.
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service ( we can help with this)
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Commitment to Safeguarding
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers
Call Holly now for more information on 07908 078667.
Our direction, and long-term target is to be the top specialist education agency out there, providing bespoke staffing solutions to schools and education provisions across the UK. We aim to offer a personal solution to all of our candidates, listening to your individual needs and taking into account your special requirements.
We are made up of a team of experienced education recruiters who all share the same goal – to build solid, long-term relationships with schools, teachers and support staff alike. We recruit SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) staff for both mainstream schools, Special Needs Schools and alternative provisions, filling short-term, long-term and permanent vacancies.
The Legal Bit
We are an education recruitment agency committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people. We promote equal opportunities and diversity for employees, workers, and applicants. We follow new GDPR laws to ensure the protection and privacy of your data.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract, Temp to perm, Temporary contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: £85.00-£95.00 per day
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday