|Location||Wigan, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||December 8, 2023|
Are you an experienced Tutor who is able to deliver high quality provision to Secondary aged students?
Are you passionate about supporting at risk students 1:1 or in small groups to overcome their barriers to learning?
Chalk Education are recruiting for a 1:1 Tutor to work a year 10 Student in Wigan. This is role is working Monday -/Wednesday/Friday for the full academic year .
It provides a bespoke curriculum to young people who are not able to access mainstream education. Students have a range of SEND including Social Emotional & Mental Health, Moderate Learning Difficulties and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. Pupils may display challenging behaviour, so excellent behaviour management is essential with knowledge of a range of de-escalation techniques.
To be considered for this 1:1 Tutor role you will need:
- PGCE or other relevant teaching qualification OR significant experience tutoring in a similar setting
- Good subject knowledge in 1 or 2 Secondary school curriculum areas
- Experience with SEND, such as SEMH, MLD and ASD
- Excellent behaviour management
- Flexible and calm approach, with a caring attitude
- References confirming suitability for role
- Commitment to safeguarding
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers
*****For more info please contact Sharon on 01925 984440*****