|Location||Cardiff, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||January 25, 2023|
|Salary||£13.00 – £13.00 per hour|
Chalk Education are looking for a Teaching Assistant to support a teacher working on a 1:1 basis with students in Cardiff.
This is an unusual role in that you could be going to different locations across Cardiff throughout the working day (you will need to drive but will not be transporting anyone in your car and will be paid petrol money). We want an experienced learning support assistant for primary children who is good with behaviour. Ideally the applicant will be Team Teach (or similar) trained in de-escalation techniques. This role will start ASAP. The hours will be 0900hrs-1530hrs. The role will be long term and could be permanent for the right person if you wish.
Daily tasks will include:
- Assisting the class teacher with all activities
- Working on a 1:1 basis with individual pupils (no personal care will be needed)
- Creating a positive environment where all pupils can excel and learn creatively
- Observing and assessing pupils’ development
- Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
- Suitable References
- Commitment to Safeguarding (a free course will be provided)
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service (we can help with this)
- Education Workforce Council (EWC) registration (we can help with this)
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Working School Hours
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through free online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers
For more information, or an informal chat about this and other available roles, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02920 026035 / 07399 071738.