|Location||Rhyl, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||May 11, 2022|
Do you have experience in Fostering, Child Social Care or Alternative Provisions?
A school in Rhyl, Denbighshire is looking for a teaching assistant who has experience of working with looked after children, or children with social emotional mental health difficulties.
Chalk has a rewarding opportunity for a part-time or full-time teaching assistant to support looked after children in an alternative provision.
You will be working in a school that caters for children aged 11-16 who cannot thrive in a mainstream educational setting because of their social, emotional, or mental health difficulties. Children attending this alternative provision have previously had a negative experience within their education and can display challenging behaviours.
The school offers children a chance at receiving a formal education. As a teaching assistant you will be prepared to make a positive contribution to children’s learning, supporting them to re-engage with their education, by making lessons fun and interesting. You will need to show resilience, be calm and empathetic with an ability to use de-escalation techniques and to always re-enforce good behaviour positively.
Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
This role is to start September until July 2023, trail sessions offered between May and June 2022 for block bookings, prior to committing full-time.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Have experience of working with children
- Experience with challenging behaviour, de-escalation training would be an advantage
- A mentor or role model to students
- A caring, positive, and flexible approach
- Experience within Fostering, Youth Offending, PRU settings, Schools or Prisons
- References confirming suitability for role
- Commitment to Safeguarding
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service or willing to apply
- Registered with EWC or willing to apply
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
Continual professional development through online training
Competitive pay rates related to your experience
Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers