|Location||Rhyl, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||April 24, 2023|
Do you have experience in Fostering, Child Social Care or Alternative Provisions?
We have a full-time role for a Child Support Worker to support children with social emotional, mental health difficulties at a school in Rhyl.
Chalk has a rewarding opportunity for a full-time Child Support Worker to support looked after children within a small alternative classroom in a mainstream school.
You will be working in a school that caters for children aged 5-16 who cannot thrive in a mainstream educational setting because of their social, emotional, or mental health difficulties. Children attending this alternative provision have previously had a negative experience within their education and can display challenging behaviours.
The school offers children a chance at receiving a formal education. As a teaching assistant you will be prepared to make a positive contribution to children’s learning, supporting them to re-engage with their education, by making lessons fun and interesting. You will need to show resilience, be calm and empathetic with an ability to use de-escalation techniques and to always re-enforce good behaviour positively.
Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
Hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am-3:30pm.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Have experience of working with children
- Experience with challenging behaviour
- De-escalation training would be an advantage.
- A mentor or role model to students
- A caring, positive, and flexible approach
- Experience within Fostering, Youth Offending,
- Or experience in a PRU settings, School or Prisons
- References confirming suitability for role
- Commitment to Safeguarding
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service or willing to apply
- Registered with EWC or willing to apply
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience.
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers.