|Location||Mold, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||April 22, 2022|
Are you a Teaching Assistant looking for a new, job opportunity?
Do you want to work in a rewarding and fun working environment with a network of supportive staff?
Chalk is currently looking to recruit a Teaching Assistant to work with a small group of Secondary age students with Autism. You will be working in a private school who specialise in Autism for Secondary age pupils.
The role will involve supporting students between years 7 and 10 with Autism. The role is 2-3 days per week between 8:30am-4:00pm. As a Teaching Assistant you will be assisting the class teacher with the delivery of core subjects to include Numeracy and Literacy. You will also be required to get involved with outdoor activities, such as forest school, making bird boxes and assisting with campfires and going on outings.
Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Ideally a Teaching Assistant certificate level 2 or above
- A minimum of 3 months experience of working with children
- Experience of working with children who have Autism
- Behaviour Management skills
- References confirming suitability for role
- Commitment to Safeguarding
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service
- EWC registration or willing to apply
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers