|Location||Flint, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||February 15, 2023|
Are you an experienced Additional Needs Teaching Assistant who specialises in supporting young people with Complex Needs?
Are you passionate about making a difference to the lives of children with additional needs?
Chalk has an exciting new opportunity for an (ALN) Additional Needs Teaching Assistant to work within a small pupil referral unit based in Flintshire. The learners who attend are aged between 8 to 11 and have a range of additional needs from social emotional mental health, ADHD, ASD and complex needs. As a ALN Teaching Assistant you will be required to assist students with extra curriculum such as numeracy and literacy and be confident to manage challenging behaviours.
The hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am-3:00pm, Starts asap.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Experience of working in a PRU setting or similar
- Experience working with students up to Key Stage 2
- Behaviour Management, ideally trained in PRICE or Team Teach
- Have worked with children or young adults within the last 2 years with Complex Needs
- References confirming suitability for role
- Commitment to Safeguarding
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service or willing to apply
- Registered with EWC or willing to apply
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers