|Location||Conwy, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||March 16, 2023|
Are you a specialist in Dyslexia?
Do you have experience of working with secondary age children?
Chalk has an exciting new role for a Teaching Assistant to support students in Key stage 3 and 4 within a Dyslexia unit. You will be supporting in numeracy, literacy, reading and skills. Candidates must have worked in a similar setting with knowledge of Dyslexia. The ideal applicant will be enthusiastic with the ability to work intuitively to guide and encourage students with regular and specific praise. Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
This role is based in a secondary mainstream school in Conwy who also specialise in additional learning needs. Hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am-15:30pm. Pays £75 per day. Starts after Easter 2023.
To be considered for this TA role you will need:
- Experience supporting Students with additional needs
- 3 months minimum childcare experience
- Experience in Dyslexia and Low-level ability
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to build and develop positive relationships with students and staff
- A flexible and patient approach when working with children
- References confirming suitability for role
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service or willing to apply
- Registered with the EWC or willing to apply
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers