|Location||Wirral, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||November 10, 2022|
Are you looking for flexible work to supplement a current role or your studies?
Are you a caring individual who can engage and support young people with special educational needs and disabilities?
Chalk is looking for flexible individuals to work part-time or full-time on a long-term basis in this excellent College located in Wirral. As a Support Worker you will be working in the special needs department with students who have a variety of additional needs.
Hour of work are between, 8:30-4:00pm Monday to Friday.
As a Support Worker in a Special Needs department, you will be required to assist with personal care while maintaining the pupil’s dignity. You will work closely with the class teacher supporting the children across various activities, while providing a happy and safe learning environment.
This welcoming department and college boasts of outstanding facilities, and caters for students from 16 years upwards. All students have a variety of additional needs, including complex medical needs, Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD), Autism, ADHD, Speech Language & Communication Needs (SLCN). Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Minimum of 3 months experience working with children
- A ‘can do’ attitude and a strong work ethic
- Excellent communication skills
- A caring, positive, and flexible approach
- Experience working or volunteering with individuals with Complex Needs
- Experience in personal care, hoists, manual handling, peg feeding
- Experience in Autism and physical disabilities
- References confirming suitability for role
- Commitment to Safeguarding
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service or willing to apply
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers