|Location||Bagillt, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||November 28, 2022|
Are you a nurturing individual who can engage and support a child with additional learning needs?
Do you have experience in basic Makaton or BSL?
Chalk is looking for a Learning Support Assistant to support a year 1 child with speech and a language difficulty in mainstream primary school based in Flintshire. The role will involve supporting the student with extra curriculum activities to include reading, literacy, numeracy, and crafts. Applicants should have some basic experience in Makaton. Refresher training can be offered.
This role is on a term-by-term basis with the potential to go on permanent after 12 weeks for the right applicant. Hours of work – Monday to Friday 8:45pm – 3:00pm
Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- A minimum of 3 months experience of working with children
- Experienced of supporting children with additional needs
- Skills in behaviour management
- Basic Makaton or BSL level 1 – refresher training can be offered
- References confirming suitability for role
- Commitment to Safeguarding
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service or willing to apply
- Registered with EWC or willing to apply
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers