|Location||Oldham, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||May 4, 2023|
Are you an experienced SEND Teaching Assistant who specialises in supporting children with Severe Autism and Complex Needs.
Chalk Education is recruiting for this high-quality provision who caters for children aged 2-11 years with severe and complex Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC) and children with profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD).
This school pride themselves on an individual and creative approach to planning each child’s learning pathway. The school is organised into teams based on primary needs, which enables environments, learning and resources to be personalised. Therefore, classes maybe made up of different year groups as a result. You will be working alongside a supportive staff team ensuring a positive and safe learning environment is provided for all students.
You will assist the class teacher to engage pupils across various lessons with a multi-sensory focus; adapting activities to suit the specific needs of individuals. Experience and understanding of a range of SEND is necessary and knowledge of skills such as alternative communication techniques, personal care, manual handling and feeding would be beneficial. This role will suit a positive TA who is resilient and flexible.
To be considered for this SEMH Teacher role you will need:
- Experience working with children who have Autism and Complex Needs
- Training in Manual Handling, Hoists, Personal Care, Toileting desired
- Good knowledge across the curriculum and ability to teach a range of subjects.
- A positive attitude with a calm but firm approach
- References confirming suitability for role
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers