|Location||Llandudno, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||April 28, 2022|
Are you looking for flexible work to supplement a current role or your studies?
Are you a caring individual who can engage and support children with Additional Learning Needs?
Chalk is looking for flexible individuals to work part-time on a long-term basis in this excellent special school located in Conwy. Hours of work are between Monday and Friday 8:30-15:40pm paying £74 per day.
As a Teaching Assistant in a Special Needs School, you will be required to assist with personal care while maintaining the pupil’s dignity. You will work closely with the class teacher supporting the children across various activities, while providing a happy and safe learning environment.
This welcoming Special School that boasts outstanding facilities and caters for pupils aged 4 to 19 with a wide variety of additional needs, including complex medical needs, Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD), Autism, Speech Language & Communication Needs (SLCN). Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Minimum of 3 months experience working with children
- A ‘can do’ attitude and a strong work ethic
- Excellent communication skills
- A caring, positive, and flexible approach
- Experience working or volunteering with individuals with Complex Needs
- Experience in personal care, hoists, manual handling, peg feeding
- Experience in Autism and physical disabilities
- References confirming suitability for role
- Commitment to Safeguarding
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service or willing to apply
- Registered with EWC or willing to apply
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouche