|Location||Belper, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||May 12, 2022|
|Salary||£75 – £85 per day|
|Work Hours||08:30 - 15:30|
Are you an experienced Learning Support Assistant looking to make a real difference to students in a unique environment?
Chalk Education are recruiting for a Learning Support Assistant who has experience working with individuals who have Special Educational Needs.
Our client is a non-maintained school which caters for young people with High-Functioning ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder), Asperger’s Syndrome, Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA) and Developmental Language Disorder. The school is also highly experienced in meeting associated diagnoses and needs, such as Selective Mutism, anxieties and phobias.
This school is located in an amazing rural location close to the towns of Belper and Matlock and boasts fantastic facilities. It is an Independent School and is Ofsted graded ‘good’ and provides a bespoke curriculum to children and young people as well as personalised learning opportunities.
Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Experience supporting individuals with SEND
- To be able to motivate students within a classroom environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong behaviour management skills
- A caring and positive attitude with a flexible approach
- References confirming suitability for role
- Commitment to safeguarding
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers
For more information, please contact Vicky on 07961 672 574.