|Location||Manchester, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||April 28, 2022|
|Salary||£ – £160 per day|
SEMH Teacher | Manchester
Pay Rate £110 - £180 per day
Are you an experienced SEND Teacher who specialises in helping young people with additional needs including mental health?
Are you passionate about teaching vulnerable children and looking for a new opportunity?
Chalk are recruiting SEMH Teachers for this rewarding position in a dynamic special school in the Manchester area.
This special school is part of an independent company that caters for vulnerable young people aged 11 to 19 who are disengaged from mainstream education. You will be required to plan and deliver creative and interactive lessons in an engaging way to small groups of students with mixed ages and levels. You will need the ability to cover a range of subjects and require good knowledge across the curriculum.
The pupils who attend this alternative provision have a range of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) including Social Emotional & Mental Health (SEMH) needs, ADHD, Autism and Attachment Disorder; so excellent behaviour management is necessary with a calm but firm approach. You will be working alongside a supportive staff team ensuring a positive and safe learning environment is provided for all students.
To be considered for this SEMH Teacher role you will need:
- PGCE or Teaching qualification with QTS or QTLS
- Experience working with young people with a range SEND including SEMH
- Good knowledge across the curriculum and ability to teach a range of subjects
- Excellent behaviour management with knowledge of de-escalation techniques
- A positive attitude with a calm but firm approach
- References confirming suitability for role
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers
At Chalk we aim to be the most trusted specialist education agency and strive to create long term partnerships with schools, teachers and support staff. We are a team of experienced education recruiters who believe that providing a high quality and bespoke service is key.
We recruit Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) staff for alternative provisions and mainstream schools across England and Wales and offer recruitment solutions for short-term, long-term and permanent vacancies.
For more info please contact Sarah on 07496803194.
The Legal Bit
Chalk is an education recruitment agency committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people. Chalk promotes equal opportunities and diversity for employees, workers, and applicants. We follow new GDPR laws to ensure the protection and privacy of your data.