|Location||Flint, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||June 6, 2022|
Are you an experienced classroom assistant who has experience working with children who had additional learning needs?
Chalk has a role to start mid-June for a Classroom Support Assistant to work within a Key Stage 2 behaviour unit within a mainstream school. As a Classroom Support Assistant, you will be working with individual students to assist with the learning of core subjects and manage behaviours. Our client is looking for an assistant who can interact well with children, offering encouragement, support and promote positive behaviour. Experience with Social Emotional Mental Health would be an advantage. Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
The role is to start in June 2022 with a view to continuing into September’s new academic year, Hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:45am-3:10pm.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- A minimum of 3 months experience of working with children
- Experienced of supporting children with mental health and anxiety disorders
- De-escalation techniques
- Be a patient, understanding and compassionate person
- Ability to make lessons fun and promote positive behaviours
- References confirming suitability for role
- Commitment to Safeguarding
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service or willing to apply
- Registered with EWC or willing to apply
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers