|Location||Nottingham, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||November 16, 2023|
|Salary||£120 – £150 per day|
|Work Hours||09:00 - 14:30|
Are you an experienced Maths Tutor can you use your passion for numbers to engage small groups of Secondary aged students who face barriers to learning?
Chalk Education are recruiting for a Maths Tutor for a long-term placement starting as soon as possible, with a view to becoming permanent. This is the perfect opportunity to join a dynamic Alternative Provision in the Nottingham area.
This role will involve planning and delivering group or 1:1 tuition to Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 students. You will need to be able to teach Maths to GCSE level and knowledge of Edexcel Spec GCSE would be advantageous. For this Maths Tutoring role, you will need to build relationships with students, show understanding and have a creative approach to learning.
This leading alternative provision in Nottingham was graded ‘good’ with outstanding features and provides a bespoke curriculum to young people who are not able to access mainstream education. Students have a range of SEND including Social Emotional & Mental Health, Moderate Learning Difficulties and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. Pupils may display challenging behaviour, so excellent behaviour management is essential with knowledge of a range of de-escalation techniques.
Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
To be considered for this Maths Tutor role you will need:
- PGCE or other relevant teaching qualification
- Good subject knowledge specialising in Maths
- Experience with SEND, such as SEMH, MLD and ASD
- Excellent behaviour management
- Flexible and calm approach, with a caring attitude
- References confirming suitability for role
- Commitment to safeguarding
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers
For more information, please contact Vicky on 07961672574.
- At Chalk our direction, and long-term target, is to be the top specialist education agency out there, providing bespoke staffing solutions to schools and education provisions across the UK. We aim to offer a personal solution to all of our candidates, listening to your individual needs and taking into account your special requirements.
- Chalk is made up of a team of experienced education recruiters who all share the same goal – to build solid, long-term relationships with schools, teachers and support staff alike. We recruit SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) staff for both mainstream schools, Special Needs Schools and alternative provisions, filling short-term, long-term and permanent vacancies.
The Legal Bit
- Chalk is an education recruitment agency committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people. Chalk promotes equal opportunities and diversity for employees, workers, and applicants. We follow new GDPR laws to ensure the protection and privacy of your data.