|Location||Chesterfield, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||November 7, 2022|
|Salary||£110 – £150 per day|
|Work Hours||09:00 - 15:00|
Are you an experienced English Teacher or Tutor and can you use your passion for English to engage Secondary aged students who face barriers to learning?
Chalk is recruiting for this English Teacher position, which is a long term placement starting in January 2023. This is initially a one term appointment, with a view to extension or permanent placement. This is the perfect opportunity to join a dynamic Alternative Provision in the Chesterfield area.
This role will involve planning and delivering one to one tuition to Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 students. You will need to be able to teach English up to GCSE level and cover a range of other subjects in an engaging way, so will need good knowledge of the Secondary curriculum. You will be teaching pupils on and off-site (dependent on student need), therefore a full driving licence and access to your own vehicle are essential.
This provision provides a bespoke curriculum to young people who are not able to access mainstream education. Students have a range of SEND including Social Emotional & Mental Health, Moderate Learning Difficulties and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. Pupils may display challenging behaviour, so excellent behaviour management is essential with knowledge of a range of de-escalation techniques.
To be considered for this English Teacher role you will need:
- PGCE or teaching qualification
- Good subject knowledge specialising in English
- Experience with SEND, such as SEMH, MLD and ASD
- Excellent behaviour management
- Flexible and calm approach, with a caring attitude
- References confirming suitability for role
- Commitment to safeguard
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers
To find out more, please get in touch with Vicky today on 07961 672 574!