|Location||Derby, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||November 17, 2022|
|Salary||£110 – £180 per day|
|Work Hours||08:30 - 15:30|
Are you an experienced Biology Teacher who is looking to join a school at an exciting stage in its journey of rapid improvement? Can you use your passion and energy for Biology to engage secondary aged students and raise aspirations?
Chalk Education are recruiting for a Biology Teacher for a long-term placement to start in January 2023. This is the perfect opportunity to join this school as it continues its journey of ambitious improvement, supported by a progressive Multi-Academy Trust. This role will involve planning and delivering lessons to Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 students. You will need to be able to teach Biology to GCSE Level and demonstrate strong behaviour management skills. For this role, you will need to build relationships with students, show understanding and have a creative approach to learning. There is the opportunity to teach some 'A' Level classes, should you have the right experience.
Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
To be considered for this Biology Teacher role you will need:
- PGCE or equivalent teaching qualification including QTS
- Strong subject knowledge in Biology
- Excellent behaviour management strategies and be able to set clear rules and structure in your classroom
- To set high expectations for all students and have the ability to engage and inspire all learners
- References confirming suitability for role
- Commitment to safeguarding
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers
For more information, please contact Vicky on 07961672574.