|Location||Uxbridge, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||February 28, 2023|
|Salary||£13.00 – £13.00 per hour|
Chalk Education are working closely with a college in Uxbridge who are looking for both part-time and full-time Teaching Assistants/Learning Support Workers to help support their students with additional learning needs throughout the college day. No experience necessary. These roles will be starting ASAP and permanent roles may be offered for the right candidates.
The role will involve assisting students age 16+ with the following:-
- Profound and multiple learning disabilities
- Moderate learning difficulties
- Physical and sensory impairments
- Mental health and/or emotional difficulties
- Communication and behavioural difficulties
- Social and communication disorders e .g. Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Specific medical needs
All students are individual and each programme is as unique as they are. Our programmes are designed to support and empower each student to achieve their aspirations and goals, whilst developing skills to become more independent members of their community.
Daily tasks will include:
- Assisting the class teacher with all activities
- Working on a 1:1 basis with individual pupils where required (no personal care will be needed)
- Creating a positive environment where all pupils can excel and learn creatively
- Observing and assessing pupils’ development
- Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
- Suitable References
- Commitment to Safeguarding (a free course will be provided)
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service (we can help with this)
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Working School Hours
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through free online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers
For more information, or an informal chat about this and other available roles, send your CV to email@example.com or call 01753 201014/ 07399 071738.