|Location||Flint, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||June 8, 2022|
Are you looking for a new challenge working in the education sector?
Do you have experience working within children’s mental health?
Chalk is currently recruiting for a full-time Pupil Wellbeing Assistant. The role is to work in a mainstream Primary school of an inclusion unit. As a Pupil Wellbeing Assistant, you will be supporting a small group of children with social emotional mental health. You will be involved with interventions, supporting pupils with attendance and punctuality and have a reactive response to pupils’ behaviour. You will be required to work closely with the school inclusion manager to motivate and encourage pupils, be patient and show initiative and be caring but fair and firm. Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
The role is to start September for the academic year, Hours of work Monday-Friday 8:30am-3:15pm.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- A minimum of 3 months experience of working with children
- Experienced of supporting children with mental health
- A degree in Psychology, Counselling or Wellness would be an advantage
- Experience working in a similar setting is desired
- Safeguarding training
- Experience in Intervention desirable
- References confirming suitability for role
- Commitment to Safeguarding
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service or willing to apply
- Registered with EWC or willing to apply
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers