|Location||Wrexham, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||September 2, 2022|
Are you a positive Sports Coach / Teaching Assistant who specialises in supporting young people with Social Emotional & Mental Health (SEMH) needs?
Do you have the experience, understanding and passion to help vulnerable students to reach their full potential?
Chalk is recruiting for this Teaching Assistant position, which is challenging yet a rewarding full-time, long-term placement starting on 12th September 2022 for a pupil referral unit located in Wrexham.
As a Teaching Assistant you will be required to support a young person on a one-to-one basis with a range of activities and lessons. You will need excellent behaviour management, with the ability to be calm, understanding, patient and want to make a difference to an individual’s education and well-being. knowledge of de-escalation techniques would be an advantage. You will also be required to drive the student from several sites including college on certain days of the week. (Fuel expenses will be paid) Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
This Alternative Provision based in Wrexham is for young people aged 5 to 16. Students include those with ALN (Additional Learning Needs) such as Social Emotional & Mental Health (SEMH) difficulties as well as pupils who have been excluded from mainstream education.
Hours of work Monday to Friday 8:30am-3:30pm Starts 12th September 2022. Pays £75-£80 per day.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Driving licence and car essential
- Experience working with young people in a similar setting
- Behaviour Management skills
- Good understanding of SEND, especially metal health
- Restraint training would be an advantage but not essential
- Calm and positive attitude
- Flexible approach
- Sports coaching or psychology would be ideal but not essential
- References confirming suitability for role
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service or willing to apply
- EWC registration or willing to apply
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers