|Location||Mold, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||July 11, 2022|
Are you a Psychology Graduate looking for an opportunity where you can help young people engage in education?
Chalk is looking to recruit a Psychology Graduate to work in a Secondary mainstream unit located in Flintshire. Our client is seeking to employ a graduate with a degree associated with Psychology. The school has excellent facilities with a supportive network of education professionals. The unit is based within the school and caters for students with social, emotional mental health, anxiety, and trauma difficulties. As a Specialist Teaching Assistant, you will be required to build positive relationships with the students. You will also have to manage difficult behaviour; applicants will need to be confident and not phased by any challenges with the ability to be calm, firm, and fair. Knowledge of de-escalation techniques would be an advantage.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Psychology degree or similar
- Experience in de-escalation techniques desirable
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work and deal with unpredictable challenges
- Be able to differentiate lessons for children with additional need
- Creative approach to organising activities and engaging groups of children
- Experience working with children or young adults.
- References confirming suitability for role
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service or willing to apply
- EWC registration or willing to apply
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers