|Location||Holywell, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||March 10, 2023|
Are you a Psychology Graduate looking for an opportunity where you can help young people engage in education?
Chalk education is looking to recruit a Psychology Graduate to work in a Secondary mainstream unit located in Flintshire. Our client is seeking to employ a graduate with a degree associated with Psychology. The school has excellent facilities with a supportive network of education professionals. The unit is based within the school and caters for students with social, emotional mental health, anxiety, and trauma difficulties. As a Specialist Teaching Assistant, you will be required to build positive relationships with the students. You will also have to manage difficult behaviour, applicants will need to be confident and not phased by any challenges with the ability to be calm, firm, and fair. Knowledge of de-escalation techniques would be an advantage.
Hours of work 8:30am-3:30pm Monday to Friday, ongoing.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Psychology degree or similar
- Experience in de-escalation techniques desirable
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work and deal with unpredictable challenges
- Be able to differentiate lessons for children with additional need
- Creative approach to organising activities and engaging groups of children
- Experience working with children or young adults.
- References confirming suitability for role
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service or willing to apply
- EWC registration or willing to apply
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers