|Location||Derby, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||March 14, 2023|
|Salary||£100 – £150 per day|
|Work Hours||08:30 - 15:30|
Are you an experienced Maths Teacher can you use your passion for numbers to engage small groups of Secondary aged students who face barriers to learning?
Chalk Education are recruiting for a Maths Teacher for a long-term placement starting immediately up until the end of the academic year, with potential to be a permanent member of the team in September 2023. This is the perfect opportunity to join a dynamic Alternative Provision.
This role will involve planning and delivering group tuition to Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 students. You will need to be able to teach Maths to GCSE level and knowledge of Edexcel Spec GCSE would be advantageous. For this Maths Teaching role, you will need to build relationships with students, show understanding and have a creative approach to learning.
This leading alternative provision was graded ‘good’ with outstanding features and provides a bespoke curriculum to young people who are not able to access mainstream education. Students have a range of SEND including Social Emotional & Mental Health, Moderate Learning Difficulties and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. Pupils may display challenging behaviour, so excellent behaviour management is essential with knowledge of a range of de-escalation techniques.
Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
To be considered for this Maths Teacher role you will need:
- PGCE or teaching qualification
- Good subject knowledge specialising in Maths
- Experience with SEND, such as SEMH, MLD and ASD
- Excellent behaviour management
- Flexible and calm approach, with a caring attitude
- References confirming suitability for role
- Commitment to Safeguarding
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers
For more information, please contact Vicky on 07961672574