|Location||Runcorn, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||November 8, 2022|
|Salary||£85 – £150 per day|
Are you experienced in supporting young people who face barriers to learning?
Are you passionate about supporting at risk students 1:1 to overcome challenges and access education?
Chalk Education are actively recruiting for a number of positions for an SEN school based in Runcorn. All Mon-Fri 8.15am-3.30pm, with an immediate start and potentially permanent for the right person.
The Provision provides a bespoke curriculum to young people who are not able to access mainstream education. Students mainly have Social Emotional & Mental Health, Moderate Learning Difficulties and display challenging behaviour, so excellent behaviour management is essential with knowledge of a range of de-escalation techniques.
Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
To be considered for these roles you will need:
- Experience working with individuals with SEMH/challenging behaviour
- QTS for Maths/Science Teacher roles or ideally Degree level(any) for Cover supervisor role
- Experience teaching KS3/KS4 pupils - Maths/Science - for teaching positions
- Experience delivering pre planned work for cover supervisor position
- To be confident and comfortable supporting young people who may demonstrate challenging behaviours
- To have strong communication skills and the ability to engage young people
- Excellent organisational skills
- To have a flexible approach to your work, often being required to work across different departments and student age groups, on a daily basis
- A flexible and calm approach, with a caring attitude
• References confirming suitability for role
• Commitment to safeguarding
• Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service - we can help with this
• Eligibility to work in the UK
• Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
• Continual professional development through online training
• Competitive pay rates related to your experience
• Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
• Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers
For more information, please apply today - Call Sharon on 01925 984440
• Our direction, and long-term target, is to be the top specialist education agency out there, providing bespoke staffing solutions to schools and education provisions across the UK. We aim to offer a personal solution to all of our candidates, listening to your individual needs and taking into account your special requirements.
• We are made up of a team of experienced education recruiters who all share the same goal - to build solid, long-term relationships with schools, teachers and support staff alike. We recruit SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) staff for both mainstream schools, Special Needs Schools and alternative provisions, filling short-term, long-term and permanent vacancies.
The Legal Bit
• We are an education recruitment agency committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people. We promote equal opportunities and diversity for employees, workers, and applicants. We follow new GDPR laws to ensure the protection and privacy of your data.