|Location||Amersham, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||May 20, 2022|
Learning Support Assistant - Buckinghamshire
Salary - £85 - £95 per day
If you have experience of supporting young people with challenging behaviour, then Chalk would love you to get in touch.
Chalk are currently recruiting for a PRU Learning Support Assistant. This is a great opportunity to make a difference.
- Based in a Secondary Pupil Referral Unit
- Starts in September
- Potential to be a permanent role
- Pay scale - £85 - £95 per day
You will need to be able to:
- Provide behaviour and pastoral support to small groups & on a 1:1 basis.
- Build strong relationships.
- Manage behaviour & support the teacher in the classroom
- Empathetic and calm
- Fun, engaging, personable and approachable.
- Excellent behaviour management skills
- De-escalation techniques
- Previous experience - PRU LSA / SEMH Teaching Assistant / Youth Worker or Residential Support Worker.
- Pupils are aged 11-16 and our outside mainstream education
- Pupils SEMH, Autism, ADHD
- Pupils have an EHCP for SEMH.
- Behaviour - verbal or physical aggression
- Team Teach behaviour management strategies are used.
- Pupils come from vulnerable backgrounds
Please get in touch with the Chalk guys if you are interested in making a difference to a vulnerable pupil’s life.