|Location||Buckely, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||July 6, 2022|
Are you a Support Worker or Nurse with experience of working with children?
Do you want to make a difference to an individual’s education and wellbeing?
Chalk is recruiting for a Learning Support Assistant who can support a year 7 pupil who has physical disabilities. Applicants are required to support the student with some personal care and toileting. The student is also a wheelchair user. As an addition applicants will be required to help with classwork, numeracy, and literacy, and assist other students in the class throughout the day. Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
Hours of work 8:30am-3:30pm, Starts September 2022 - Summer 2023.
To be considered for this role you will need:
· Experience of supporting children with physical disabilities.
· A minimum of 3 months experience of working with children within the past 3 years.
· Trained in personal care, toileting
· Have excellent communication skills
· To be a caring, understanding, and patient person
· Experience in ASD, ADHD would be an advantage
· References confirming suitability for role
· Commitment to Safeguarding
· Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service
· EWC registration or willing to apply
· Eligibility to work in the UK
· Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
· Continual professional development through online training
· Competitive pay rates related to your experience
· Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
· Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers