|Location||Crewe, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||March 16, 2023|
Are you an experienced Learning Support Assistant (LSA) who specialises in supporting students with additional learning needs?
Chalk is currently working on behalf of a Further Education provision located in Crewe, who requires Learning Support Assistants to full-fill a variety of part-time roles. Do you have experience of supporting young people or adults who have either physical disabilities, Autism, ADHD or Mental Health Difficulties. This is a fantastic, vibrant place to work in with modern facilities and has a supportive network of staff. Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of young people.
Hours of work are to suit applicants 1-5 days per week, anytime between Monday and Friday- the hours are generally between 8:45am-3:15pm, it is also possible one-off classes will require applicants to work until 4:45pm. Pays a min £11 per hour. This campus is local to bus routes. Interview process for this role will involve a pre-phone call to discuss in more detail, with a view to applicants attending an open day / site tour at the Campus site in Crew.
To be considered for this ASD TA role you will need:
- Experience supporting young people with additional needs - Essential
- Calm and nurturing person
- A flexible and patient approach when working with young people
- Excellent communication skills
- Behaviour Management would be desirable for some roles.
- The ability to build and develop positive relationships with students and staff
- GCSE to level C or above in English and Maths
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- References confirming suitability for the role (covering up to 2 years)
- Safeguarding training - provided
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service or willing to apply for a new one
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers