|Location||Mansfield, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||November 24, 2022|
|Salary||£75 – £85 per day|
|Work Hours||08:30 - 15:30|
Are you an experienced SEND Learning Support Assistant who specialises in complex needs? Are you passionate about supporting young people in an inclusive way and looking for a new challenge?
Chalk are recruiting for this SEND Learning Support Assistant role to start as soon as possible with a view to becoming a permanent position, making this the perfect opportunity to join a caring special school in the Mansfield area.
This role will involve supporting children in Key Stage 3 with complex needs on a one-to-one basis and in small groups within the classroom. This Special School caters for pupils aged 2 to 19 with a wide variety of SEND including complex medical needs, Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD), Autism and Speech Language & Communication Needs (SLCN). Experience and understanding of a range of SEND is necessary and knowledge of skills such as alternative communication techniques, personal care, manual handling and administering medication would be beneficial.
This role will suit a positive LSA who is resilient and flexible. The school provides excellent facilities and services including speech therapists, occupational therapists and physiotherapists. You will work closely with the class teacher assisting with lessons and activities while providing a happy and safe learning environment and maintaining dignity for all young people.
To be considered for this LSA role you will need:
- Experience supporting young people with SEND and complex needs
- Good literacy and numeracy skills with knowledge across the curriculum
- De-escalation / positive handling training such as MAPPA or PROACT-SCIP
- Knowledge of alternative communicant methods such as Makaton or PECs
- A positive attitude and flexible approach
- References confirming suitability for role
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers
To find out more, please get in touch with Vicky today on 07961 672 574!