|Location||Chester, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||September 9, 2022|
Academic Support Tutors
£10.50+ per hour
Chalk are recruiting Learning Support Assistants and Education Mentors for FE Colleges across Cheshire for both short and long term assignments.
The role will include working with students on a 1:1 basic and within small groups. These learners may have additional needs, such a specific learning difficulties, physical needs or social/emotional and behaviour requirements.
You will be with the young people in and out of class and some may require support over break times.
Further Education is centred around promoting independence in learners, therefore a strategic approach to support will be expected of you
To be considered for this role you will need:
- English & Maths L2 or above
- A relevant qualification; mental health, supporting teaching and learning, autism awareness, teaching learners with addition needs (highly desirable)
- Experience working with teenagers and young adults – in or out of education
- Behaviour Management experience and or training
- A genuine interest in helping young people break down barriers to learning
- References confirming suitability for role
- Commitment to Safeguarding (training will be provided)
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers
For more info please contact Victoria on 0161 393 8037