|Location||Uxbridge, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||November 21, 2022|
|Salary||£85 – £85 per day|
Are you looking to make a change to young peoples lives?
Chalk is recruiting for this Secondary Teaching Assistant position, which is challenging yet a rewarding full-time, long-term placement starting ASAP for a pupil referral unit located in Uxbridge, West London.
As a Teaching Assistant you will be required to support young people on a one-to-one basis with a range of activities and lessons. You will need excellent behaviour management, with the ability to be calm, understanding, patient and want to make a difference to an individual's education and well-being. knowledge of de-escalation techniques would be an advantage. You may also be asked to drive students from several sites including college on certain days of the week. (Fuel expenses will be paid) Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
This Alternative Provision based in Uxbridge is for young people aged 11 to 16. Students include those with ALN (Additional Learning Needs) such as Social Emotional & Mental Health (SEMH) difficulties as well as pupils who have been excluded from mainstream education.
Hours of work Monday to Friday 8:30am-3:30pm Starts ASAP.
Pays £80-£95 per day.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Experience and/or passion working with young people
- Behaviour Management skills
- Good understanding of SEND, especially metal health - Not essential
- Restraint training would be an advantage but not essential
- Calm and positive attitude
- Flexible approach
- Sports coaching or Psychology would be ideal but not essential
· References confirming suitability for role
· Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service or willing to apply
· Eligibility to work in the UK
· Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
· Continual professional development through online training
· Competitive pay rates related to your experience
· Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
· Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers
For more information, please call Holly on 07908 078667.
At Chalk our direction, and long-term target, is to be the top specialist education agency out there, providing bespoke staffing solutions to schools and education provisions across the UK. We offer a personal service to all of our candidates, listening to your individual needs and taking into account your special requirements.
We recruit SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) staff for both mainstream schools, Special Needs Schools and alternative provisions, filling short-term, long-term and permanent vacancies. If you are looking for an honest, professional and committed attitude, then give Chalk a chance to earn your trust.
The Legal Bit
Chalk is an education recruitment agency committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people. Chalk promotes equal opportunities and diversity for employees, workers, and applicants. We follow new GDPR laws to ensure the protection and privacy of your data.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!