|Location||Rhyl, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||February 15, 2023|
Are you an experienced Science Technician?
Chalk Education is looking to recruit an experienced Laboratory Technician. The ideal candidate will be able to provide comprehensive Science Technician support across the Research & Design Faculty to support high quality teaching and learning. Our client is looking for someone who is organised, flexible, reliable and a good team player. Previous school experience would be an advantage. Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
In return this secondary mainstream school located in Rhyl can offer a positive, supportive environment with energetic and enthusiastic students.
This role is to start in after Easter 2023 on a long-term contract to go permanent after 12 weeks, Monday to Friday, 8:00am-12:00am paying £10.80 per hour.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Prepare science materials and equipment
- Collect apparatus and chemicals from storage
- Making up standard laboratory solutions within Health & Safety guidelines
- Checking individual components in and out for class use
- Preparing experiments, setting up apparatus
- Assisting teaching staff and students in practical work when required
- Complete practical demonstrations for students in lessons
- Minimum A Level of equivalent in Chemistry (preferred) and/or Biology
- Experience of working in a school or industrial laboratory
- Relevant COSHH training
- References confirming suitability for role
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service or willing to apply
- EWC Registration or willing to apply
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers