|Location||Wrexham, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||January 16, 2023|
Chalk Education is recruiting for an Intervention Assistant for an alternative provision in Wrexham. You will be required to support learners on a one-to-one basis with a range of lessons. You will need to have excellent behaviour management, with the ability to be calm, understanding, patient and want to make a difference to an individual’s education and well-being. knowledge of de-escalation techniques would be an advantage. Other duties will involve working alongside the SENCO with paper-based mentoring, assessment and 1-2-1 Intervention Maths and English. Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
This Alternative Provision based in Wrexham is for young people aged 11 to 16. Students include those with ALN (Additional Learning Needs) such as Social Emotional & Mental Health (SEMH) difficulties as well as pupils who have been excluded from mainstream education.
Hours of work Monday to Friday 8:30am-3:30pm Starts asap Pays £80-£85 per day.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Experience working with young people in a similar setting
- Behaviour Management skills
- Min of grade c or above in English and Maths
- Good understanding of SEND, especially metal health
- Restraint training would be an advantage but not essential
- Calm and positive attitude
- Flexible approach
- Sports coaching or Psychology would be ideal but not essential
- References confirming suitability for role
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service or willing to apply
- EWC registration or willing to apply
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers