|Location||Nottingham, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||March 14, 2023|
|Salary||£75 – £90 per day|
|Work Hours||08:30 - 15:30|
Do you have experience working with young people who face barriers to learning? Are you confident supporting secondary aged (11 – 16 year olds) students in English/Reading?
Chalk Education are recruiting for an English Specialist Teaching Assistant for a full-time, long-term placement starting as soon as possible, with a view to becoming a permanent role. This is the perfect opportunity to join a dynamic Alternative Provision in the Nottingham area.
This role will involve supporting secondary aged students develop their skills in English Literature & Language to assist in preparing them for their GCSEs. There is also opportunity to work alongside the SENCO to assist with the introduction of a reading scheme.
This leading alternative provision in Nottingham provides a bespoke curriculum to young people who have been permanently excluded from mainstream education. Students have a range of SEND including Social Emotional & Mental Health, Moderate Learning Difficulties and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. Pupils may display challenging behaviour, so excellent behaviour management is essential with knowledge of a range of de-escalation techniques.
Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
To be considered for this English Specialist Teaching Assistant role you will need:
- Strong educational background in English, ideally to degree level
- Knowledge of SEND, such as SEMH, MLD and ASD
- Excellent behaviour management
- Flexible and calm approach, with a caring attitude
- References confirming suitability for role
- Commitment to safeguarding
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers
For more information, please contact Vicky on 07961672574.