|Location||Hove, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||March 16, 2023|
|Salary||£90 – £95 per day|
|Work Hours||8.30am to 3.30pm Monday to Friday|
Residential Support Worker – West Sussex
Pay Rate: £13 per hour
Do you have experience working with children and young people?
Are you looking for a new challenge and a chance to work within a residential setting, in a rewarding and inspiring role?
Chalk Education are supporting a large residential childcare setting in West Sussex, who have positions available for support workers to join them on a full and part time basis. These roles are due to start immediately and will offer you the chance to work as part of a well-established team.
Your role here will be working within the home, supporting young people before and after school. You’ll have a strong work ethic, and be committed to providing pastoral and emotional support to the home’s young people. As a support worker here, you’ll be working with young people who present with social, emotional and some mental health challenges.
The ideal candidate will be confident in:
- Promoting and modelling positive behaviour to support academic progress as well as the personal development of pupils.
- Collaborating with the Pastoral Team internally and externally, where appropriate, work within an extended range of networks to broker support to enhance learning opportunities and ensure the safety and wellbeing of all students.
- Engaging with young people to help improve their aspirations, behaviour and attitude towards their own academic development.
- Supporting pupils inside and outside the classroom to support and shape behaviour to impact positively upon their academic and pastoral development.
- Working with families to enhance their impact on pupil behaviour, pastoral wellbeing and progress.
- References confirming suitability for role
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers
At Chalk our direction, and long-term target, is to be the top specialist education agency out there, providing bespoke staffing solutions to schools and education provisions across the UK. We offer a personal service to all of our candidates, listening to your individual needs and taking into account your special requirements.
We recruit SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) staff for both mainstream schools, Special Needs Schools and alternative provisions, filling short-term, long-term and permanent vacancies. If you are looking for an honest, professional and committed attitude, then give Chalk a chance to earn your trust.
For more info please contact Rachel on 07494794432.
The Legal Bit
Chalk is an education recruitment agency committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people. Chalk promotes equal opportunities and diversity for employees, workers, and applicants. We follow new GDPR laws to ensure the protection and privacy of your data.