|Location||Holywell, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||April 28, 2022|
Are you a positive and creative Cover Supervisor who specialises in working with young people with have additional learning needs? Can you use your enthusiasm for education to engage and inspire vulnerable students?
Or are you looking for an opportunity to teach in a school before applying to become a teacher?
Chalk is recruiting for a Cover Supervisor to support a class of around 30 students, with 60% of students having additional learning needs. This role will involve delivering a variety of cover lessons to students across key stage 4. The pupils have a range of additional needs including autism, mental health, anxiety and low-level ability, applicants should have a caring nature and a flexible teaching style with the ability to manage behaviours in the classroom. Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
This role is to start asap working full-time between Monday and Friday 8:30am-15:30pm with a view to continuing in September 2022.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Teaching Assistant or Cover Supervisor experience
- A minimum of 3 months experience working with children up to KS4
- Qualified to degree level desirable but not essential
- Excellent subject knowledge, specialising in any core subject
- Excellent behaviour management and communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- Positive and calm attitude
- References confirming suitability for role
- Commitment to Safeguarding
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service
- EWC registration or willing to apply
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers