|Location||Holywell, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||June 15, 2022|
Are you a higher-level Teaching Assistant looking to pursue a career in Teaching?
Can you use your enthusiasm for education to engage and inspire vulnerable students?
Chalk is recruiting for a Cover Supervisor role which involves delivering a variety of cover lessons to students across Key Stage 3 and 4. The pupils have a range of additional needs including autism, mental health, anxiety, and communication difficulties, so you must have a caring nature and a flexible teaching style and be able to manage behaviours in the classroom. The work will be set for you, so its just the case of delivering the lesson and assisting those who have additional learning needs. The client does require candidates to have some form of classroom experience ideally teaching as a HLTA or unqualified Teacher / Cover Supervisor. Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
Hours of work are 8:30am-3:30pm any days between Monday to Friday, day to day and block bookings for a school in Flintshire. Starts September 2022. Pays £80-£85 per day.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Relevant unqualified teaching /support experience
- A minimum of 3 months experience working with children in KS3 and KS4
- Qualified to degree level, HLTA certificate or Level 3 Teaching Assistant equivalent
- Excellent subject knowledge, specialising in any core subject
- Experience working with children and young people with ALN
- Excellent behaviour management and communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- Positive and calm attitude
- References confirming suitability for role
- Commitment to Safeguarding
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service
- EWC registration or willing to apply
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers