|Location||Conwy, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||May 12, 2022|
Children’s Complex Needs Assistant required for a special school in Conwy.
Are you a passionate childcare practitioner with experience in complex needs?
Do you want to make a difference by enhancing a child or young person everyday life?
Chalk is currently looking for a Children’s Complex Needs Assistant to support children and young people with a variety of additional needs. You will be required to support individuals with their sensory, play and social needs when required, this will include going for outings; walks in the park and day trips.
You will be required to have experience in:
- Tracheostomy Care
- Ventilation Management
- Personal Care
- Moving and Handling
- Gastrostomy Care (Peg Feeding)
This welcoming Special School boasts outstanding facilities that caters for pupils aged 4 to 19 with a wide variety of SEND including complex medical needs, Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD), Autism and Speech Language & Communication Needs (SLCN).
Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
The role to is start asap full-time long term, Monday to Friday 8:30am3:40pm
To be considered for this role you will need:
- A ‘can do’ attitude and a strong work ethic
- Excellent communication skills
- A caring, positive, and flexible approach
- Experience working or volunteering with individuals with Complex Needs
- Experience in personal care, hoists, manual handling, peg feeding
- References confirming suitability for role
- Commitment to Safeguarding
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service or willing to apply
- Registered with EWC or willing to apply
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers