|Location||Liverpool, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||August 5, 2022|
Communication Support Worker – Merseyside inc Wirral
£16+ per hour
Are you an experienced British Sign Language qualified signer? Whether you have education experience or not, we’d love to discuss your next great role.
Chalk Education is recruiting for this Communication Support Worker position which is starting in the new academic year and is the perfect opportunity to join a College in Merseyside.
Primarily you will be working 1:1 with students requiring BSL interpretation within the classroom.
You will be expected to work alongside colleagues and external agencies to ensure the correct support is provided.
Following College policies and procedures, such as Safeguarding.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- British Sign Language Level 3 or above
- At least 1 year experience working with deaf people, either in the deaf community, education, social care or work environment
- A good understanding of challenges facing young people with hearing impairment within education
- References confirming suitability for role
- Commitment to Safeguarding
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of organisation
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers
For more info please contact Victoria on 07494 794432.