|Location||wirral, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||November 16, 2022|
|Salary||£75 – £80 per day|
|Work Hours||Monday to Friday 8:45am-3:10pm|
Are you trained in British Sign Language with experience of working with children?
Chalk is working closely with a primary school in Wirral who are looking for a full-time teaching assistant with BSL level 2 or above, to support children who are profoundly deaf or have a hearing impairment. You will be required to support children with reading, basic literacy, numeracy, and playtimes. Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
This role is full-time, Monday to Friday 8:45am-15:10pm. Pays £74.50 per day. Starts January on a long-term basis with a view to going permanent.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- A minimum of 3 months experience of working with children
- BSL Level 2 or above
- Teaching assistant qualifications, not essential
- Experienced of supporting children with additional needs
- Skills in behaviour management desirable
- References confirming suitability for role
- Commitment to Safeguarding
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service or willing to apply
- Registered with EWC or willing to apply
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers