|Location||Manchester, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||November 9, 2022|
British Sign Language Communication Support Worker - Greater Manchester
Up to £22 per hour
Job Type: Temporary contract
Are you an experienced British Sign Language qualified signer? Whether you have education experience or not, we'd love to discuss your next great role.
We are recruiting for this Communication Support Worker position which is starting ASAP and is the perfect opportunity to join a College in Greater Manchester.
Primarily you will be working 1:1 with BSL users within the classroom, therefore Level 3 (min) is required, as well as the ability to interpret what the teacher is saying for the student.
You will be expected to work alongside colleagues and external agencies to ensure the correct support is provided.
Following College policies and procedures, such as Safeguarding.
To be considered for this role you will need:
· British Sign Language Level 3 or above
· A good understanding of challenges facing young people with hearing impairment within education
o References confirming suitability for role
o Commitment to Safeguarding
o Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service
o Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of organisation
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers