|Location||Reading, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||November 10, 2022|
|Salary||£56400 – £61042 per year|
Chalk Education are working with a SEN School in Reading who are currently looking for an assistant Principal to start in January 2023. The school is part of a huge trust working with children who have Autism and SEMH.
- Have responsibility for the effective leadership, development and management of Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare
- Support teachers to develop effective classroom practice for supporting specific needs of our students.
- To have responsibility for the leadership, development and management of staff professional development
- Provide the highest standard of support assisting students in achieving their maximum progress through the implementation of the SPELL framework.
- To develop, monitor and evaluate behavior across the school; lesson observations, work scrutiny, subject file audits and regular one to one line management meetings with teachers and students
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of education legislation and theory and ensure implementation within practice
- Play an active role in promoting good relationships within the school and locality, with the aim of promoting opportunities for the development of students.
- Maintain a good knowledge of local and national resources.
- Be responsible for the analysis of and produce reports on the assessment, recording and reporting systems of students / pupils across the school.
- To deliver staff appraisal and ensure the policy is effectively implemented in line with stated deadlines.
- To coordinate an effective staff development program that ensures staff skills and knowledge are current, specifically developing the highest standards of autism practice.
- Co-ordinate the setting of objectives and targets for students.
- To adhere to all organizational policies and procedures.
- To teach an agreed percentage of the curriculum in line with the National Standards for Teachers 2012 (0.6 Teaching Commitment: 3 days teaching, 2 days SLT)
Criteria which will be used in short listing and selecting candidates.
- Driving License
- Good Team Leader
- Severe Learning Difficulties
- 14 – 19 Curriculum – Desirable
- Record of outstanding teaching
- Report writing
- Monitoring students’ progress
- Chairing meetings
- Objective setting
Education and Certification
- NPQSL desirable
Please call Holly for more information on 07908 078667.