|Location||Aylesbury, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||November 21, 2022|
|Salary||£80 – £95 per day|
ASD Teaching Assistant – Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
Pay Rate £80 - £95 per day
Are you passionate about working with young people with Special Educational Needs and experienced supporting children with Autism and Asperger’s Syndrome?
As an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant do you want to use your understanding and compassion to support students with ASD in a special school?
Chalk are recruiting for this rewarding ASD Teaching Assistant position starting ASAP which is the perfect opportunity to join a creative Special School in Aylesbury.
This ASD Teaching Assistant role is ideal for an experienced TA as an Autism specialist to work with young people across the Autistic Spectrum in the classroom. You will be working alongside a vibrant staff team supporting small groups of children across a range of lessons and activities. Excellent classroom management skills and high expectations of all pupils are essential as well as a comprehensive knowledge of the curriculum and new assessment framework. As a specialist ASD provision they are looking for teaching assistants who have a real passion for, and understanding of, meeting the complex and holistic needs of young people with ASD.
This rewarding Special School caters for children aged 11 to 19 with Autistic Spectrum Disorder. Providing a bespoke education service to students in an inclusive way, they focus on encouraging independence and developing social skills. They offer a range of GCSEs and other qualifications for young people who follow a blend of academic and vocational pathways. The school has a creative culture where staff work collaboratively as part of a wider team sharing ideas and good practice and offering support to each other.
To be considered for this ASD TA role you will need:
- Experience supporting young people
- Confidence working with Vulnerable young people
- Strong behaviour management with de-escalation training
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to build and develop positive relationships with students and staff
- A flexible and patient approach when working with children
- References confirming suitability for role
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service (this is something we can help with)
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers
At Chalk our direction, and long-term target, is to be the top specialist education agency out there, providing bespoke staffing solutions to schools and education provisions across the UK. We offer a personal service to all of our candidates, listening to your individual needs and taking into account your special requirements.
We recruit SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) staff for both mainstream schools, Special Needs Schools and alternative provisions, filling short-term, long-term and permanent vacancies. If you are looking for an honest, professional and committed attitude, then give Chalk a chance to earn your trust.
The Legal Bit
Chalk is an education recruitment agency committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people. Chalk promotes equal opportunities and diversity for employees, workers, and applicants. We follow new GDPR laws to ensure the protection and privacy of your data.
Call Holly today for more information on 07908 078667.