|Location||Wrexham, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||November 16, 2022|
Chalk has an exciting opportunity for an Additional Learning Needs Teacher to support a small group of students with SEMH. As an ALN Teacher you would be required to deliver a variety of curriculum from KS3 up to KS4. The school is a person centred / positive support provision. They are a trauma informed school and are supportive of students’ well-being. The ideal candidate will be able to adapt with the school as they progress into a Therapeutic provision. The school is located near Wrexham and has a supportive network of education professionals. Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
This role is to start in January 2023 with a view to going permanent after 12 weeks. Hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30-3:30pm.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Qualified Teacher (QTS) in any subject
- A minimum of 1 years teaching experience from KS3 to KS4
- Experience of supporting students with Mental health is essential.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work and be able to deal with unpredictable challenges
- Creative approach to organising activities and engaging groups of children
- Be able to differentiate lessons for individual students
- Experience in Well-being, Pastoral or Child Counselling or similar
- References confirming suitability for role
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service or willing to apply
- EWC registration or willing to apply
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions