|Location||Flintshire, Denbighshire, Wrexham, Conwy, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||March 15, 2023|
Are you an Actor, Musician or Dancer looking for a flexible job role working with children?
Do you have any work or volunteer experience with children?
Chalk education is recruiting for teaching assistants to work in mainstream secondary and primary schools across North Wales.
As a Teaching Assistant, you will be supporting children in small groups or on a 1-2-1 basis. You will be required to assist with literacy, numeracy, and skills. Many children will require additional support, some will be of low-level ability, or have autism, ADHD or mental health disorders. The ideal applicant will be calm, patient, understanding and resilient to any challenging behaviours. Candidates who have skills in Drama, Music, Dance, Sports or Art would have an opportunity to utilise their experience combining this into lessons, which can enhance a child's learning. Sessions might include sensory storytelling, music, dance and art-based activities or sports.
Supporting children with additional learning needs can be a rewarding job role, our client schools are supportive and welcoming places to work. Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
We can offer full-time, part-time, short-term, and long-term roles, immediate starts.
Hours of work are between 8:45am-3:00pm or 8:30am-3:30pm. Pays a min of £75 per day.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- A minimum of 3 months recent experience of working with children
- Experienced of supporting children with additional needs preferred
- Skills in behaviour management ideal
- Skills in either Sports, Drama, Music, Art or Dance would be ideal.
- References confirming suitability for role
- Commitment to Safeguarding
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service or willing to apply
- Registered with EWC or willing to apply
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers