|Location||Wigan, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||September 21, 2022|
|Work Hours||Monday to Friday|
Autism Support Worker
- Are you an experienced Support Worker who specialises in supporting young people with Autism?
- Are you passionate about helping vulnerable children to develop and looking for a new opportunity?
- Worked in another field, but have transferrable skills that would match what we are looking for?
Chalk Education are recruiting SEND Teaching Assistants now!!! This is the perfect opportunity to work in special/mainstream schools in an area to suit you, throughout Wigan.
You will be required to support pupils on a one to one basis and also in small groups, both academically and emotionally. You will be working with a range of Special Educational Needs:- including SEMH (Social Emotional & Mental Health difficulties), ADHD and Autism. You will work alongside supportive staff to ensure safe learning environment is provided for all students.
To be considered for this TA role you will need:
- Experience supporting young people with a range SEND.
- Excellent behaviour management, with knowledge of a range of de-escalation techniques
- A positive attitude with a calm but firm approach
- References confirming suitability for role
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers
At Chalk our direction, and long-term target, is to be the top specialist education agency out there, providing bespoke staffing solutions to schools and education provisions across the UK. We offer a personal service to all of our candidates, listening to your individual needs and taking into account your special requirements.
We recruit SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) staff for both mainstream schools, Special Needs Schools and alternative provisions, filling short-term, long-term and permanent vacancies. If you are looking for an honest, professional and committed attitude, then give Chalk a chance to earn your trust.
For more info please contact Dominic Ormerod
The Legal Bit
Chalk is an education recruitment agency committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people. Chalk promotes equal opportunities and diversity for employees, workers, and applicants. We follow new GDPR laws to ensure the protection and privacy of your data.